Sunday, February 04, 2007

Fido

I had the pleasure of introducing the film and its director, Andrew Currie, to a packed theatre. I had met him in the summer, just briefly, after scooting my way through a crowd of people around him. If he didn't remember meeting me, he faked it well, good man.

I had seen a rough cut of Fido in the summer, and loved it the first time around. This time it was even better. It had been cleaned up a little, 12 minutes were removed since the last time I saw it. I didn't miss them. Everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to see this film. There is another screening on Monday night, I suggest you go.

Andrew got up for a little Q+A session after the film. My favorite question was a rhetorical from a young man in the audience. "Why did that film kick so much ass?" to which a modest Currie replied through a smile "I don't know."

Fido was in development for nearly a decade, had a great cast, was beautifully shot, and had the audience roaring. A Canadian Gem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home